I’ve got 27 months in the Peace Corps-so here’s the new countdown list! I want to keep everyone up to date with my ups, downs, and general discoveries in Burkina Faso.
What I Was Up To These Months
As you might be able to tell, I didn’t get around to publishing a June post. And since July is almost over I’d figure we’d combine this all into one happy long post. My lack of presence on the internet is not for lack of trying however! A month and a half in this country and I haven’t found wifi. Which also means photos are going to have to wait. So enjoy photos from the Colorado trip!
Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Leo, Burkina Faso
Dedougou, Burkina Faso
1. Since this is technically including June as well, my highlights would definitely have to be going to Colorado with Henry and having the time of our lives hiking, seeing moose, etc.
2. Seeing my family for dinner outside D.C.! It was wonderful to say goodbye to my cousin, aunt and uncle, Jim, and the other Phyllis!
3. Making some of the best friends of my life in Africa has to be a highlight. You click extra hard at a BFF level when you’re discussing your poop problems regularly with people. But I’m grateful for my little gang of people who keep me sane!
4. My host family! My host mom calls me her baby and really is the most wonderful person on earth. I adore her.
5. Visiting my site and envisioning my life here for the next two years was definitely exciting! Swearing in happens next month and then it’ll be good to be moved all in into my humble abode. Here’s a sneak peek:
1. Missing Henry. Long distance relationships suck and I’ve missed Henry constantly. Can someone invent a teleportation machine stat?
2. Sickness. And I mean shitting and vomiting in a bucket sickness. It’s hard for your mental health when your physical health isn’t doing so great as well.
3. Lack of wifi. I’m actually typing this post up on my phone with data. I need wifi! Besides blogging, I’m dying to share some of the photos I’ve taken.
Coming up this month:
I know, I usually have a lot more to say. Hopefully once I can actually use my computer to blog that’ll change! For now, I’m happy sharing this little update with you all. Once at site I’ll be hunting for wifi in my somewhat larger regional capital!
This next month we finish up training and our sworn in as official peace corps volunteers! Wish me luck.